1. And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak with thee.
2. And the Spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet; and I heard him that spake unto me.
3. And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to nations that are rebellious, which have rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me even unto this very day.
4. And the children are impudent and stiffhearted: I do sent thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah.
5. And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear (for they are a rebellious house), yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
6. And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns are with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they are a rebellious house.
7. And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear; for they are most rebellious.
8. But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that which I give thee.
9. And when I looked, behold, a hand was put forth unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;
10. and he spread it before me: and it was written within and without; and there were written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.