1. The LORD said to me, "Go again and show your love for a woman who is committing adultery with a lover. You must love her just as I still love the people of Israel, even though they turn to other gods and like to take offerings of raisins to idols."
2. So I paid fifteen pieces of silver and seven bushels of barley to buy her.
3. I told her that for a long time she would have to wait for me without being a prostitute or committing adultery; and during this time I would wait for her.
4. In just this way the people of Israel will have to live for a long time without kings or leaders, without sacrifices or sacred stone pillars, without idols or images to use for divination.
5. But the time will come when the people of Israel will once again turn to the LORD their God and to a descendant of David their king. Then they will fear the LORD and will receive his good gifts.